Sunday, February 23, 2014

Time to Get Pretty!

Girls are imprinted with the idea that they have to look pretty from a very young age.  Some girls go to college embracing this, while others reject it.  Both are completely fine ways to live life, but I firmly believe that girls need a few times per year where she can really make herself pretty and pamper herself.  I think it's important to feel pretty!

Being a member of a sorority, we have a formal event every quarter.  I am definitely not one to get dressed up on a normal occasion, or spend more than 30 seconds on my makeup on a daily basis.  But put a formal event within five hours of my future, and I get extremely excited about getting "pretty".  I start prepping my hair the night before, spent over an hour on my hair the day of, and got in a long line to have my makeup done (because I am hopeless at doing my own makeup).


Feeling pretty, while it is not essential for succeeding in life, is a great confidence-booster, and I love seeing girls taking time to make themselves as beautiful as possible.  One of my favorite parts of formals is seeing everyone looking beautiful and happy that they look so beautiful.  It's important to feel pretty!

Some girls put hours into their appearances every day, and it's very important to them to feel beautiful, and that's absolutely fantastic!  Some girls wake up, throw on some mascara and foundation, and that's fantastic too!  But feeling pretty is part of being a girl, especially a sorority girl, and I think it's crucial to see how beautiful you can look to help build confidence!

Thanks for reading!
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment