Monday, December 2, 2013

First Post! And End-of-Quarter Wrap-Up.

Hello readers!

So I have decided to try a new venture: blogging!  I love to read blogs, especially those of my friends who have studied abroad, and I thought, "why shouldn't I blog?" and couldn't think of a good reason, so here I am!  And I wanted to start something before I go abroad (Fall 2014!) so I can get in the hang of it!

So, some background info about me:  I am a sophomore at the University of Denver (DU), studying Biology with minors in Chemistry and possibly a concentration in Cognitive Neuroscience.  I am on track to go to medical school, and after, hopefully become a cardiothoracic surgeon.  I love to be involved in my school community, and I think I do just that.  I am a member of DU's Greek Life, on the executive board of the DU Grilling Society (DUGS, and yes, you read that right, it says "grilling"), an officer of the Club Kayaking Team, and I do sports photography for the Clarion, the school newspaper.  So I'm kind of all over the place!

This fall, I learned a lot about what it means to be in a sorority.  I survived my first recruitment (or "rush") from the recruiting side, and we got some absolutely incredible new members.  I'm so excited to get to know them better!  Some things I took away from this fall recruitment and sorority life in general:

  • Things won't always go your way.  And you just have to accept that.  Sometimes, people just don't want to listen to your opinion, but they are your superiors and you just need to trust their judgement.  
  • Mistakes happen.  As much as I hate to make mistakes, especially in front of my sisters, but thinking about it all the time will only make it worse.  You just have to move on.
  • Looks do matter.  No matter what anyone else says, when you put your best foot forward and you look the part, you make an impression.  
Hope you enjoyed my first blog post!  Thanks for reading!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment