Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Beach Day!


^Look at this dog.  He is 10 years old, and he runs around on the beach as if he were two.  This is one of the reasons why I love the beach so much, especially in December.  Why December, you ask?  When you live in a popular summer tourist destination like Pawley's Island, South Carolina, you don't go to the beach in the summer unless you want to be swamped by a noisy bunch of tourists with their umbrellas, radios, and large quantities of alcohol.

I take this little guy to the beach almost every day when I'm home for winter break (from Thanksgiving to the New Year, yay for the quarter system!).  When I'm having a bad day, like yesterday when I found out that I wasn't offered a position for the extremely competitive internship I had been working for all quarter, I took Max to the beach, and for about an hour, I completely forgot about how upset I was and only focused on watching him chase the birds, play with crabs, and try to catch his frisbee (which he really isn't good at).

This is the power of the beach.  The water, the sand, the dunes, and this dog help me to stop worrying about things that are out of my control and just appreciate the beautiful and fun place in which I live.  I am so grateful for the beach, especially in December.

Thanks for reading, and if you're near a beach, go and walk!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment